Lest We Forget
WINDLESHAM WAR MEMORIALS
War 1 & 2 - Detailed information
the Memory of the Men of this Parish Who Gave Their Lives for
This small memorial is located at the corner of the playing fields in the centre of Windlesham Village. The land of the playing fields was once owned by the Cochrane family and a part called Admiral’s Field is named for one of the family members. There are no names on this memorial and the inscription reads “Windlesham Field of Remembrance. This Field was Purchased and Maintained by the People of Windlesham as a Memorial to Those Who Gave Their Lives in the Two World Wars. April 1950”.
The memorial on The Field of Remembrance as of November 2019 has been relocated some 100 yards to the site of the new pavilion. (See below)
Last updated 8 May, 2023